The Rights Management module comprises a suite of tools designed to track your licensing and provide detailed custom reports.
A few concepts lie at the basis of the Rights Management module:
- Contracts In: your distribution agreements, i.e. the rights you have to distribute content.
- Contracts Out: your license deals, i.e. licenses you’ve granted (based on the distribution rights postulated by your Contracts In).
- Contract status:
- Draft: contract details are still being worked out and nothing has been finalized yet.
- Pending: contract details have been finalized, but the contract has not been signed yet.
- Active: the contract has been finalized and signed.
- Rejected: the contract has been rejected by either of the two parties.
Draft and Pending contracts can be set to Rejected.
- Inactive: the contract is not active anymore.
Active and Rejected contracts can be set to Inactive.
- Reports: detailed reports on specific catalog entries or territories, enabling you to view active licenses and remaining availabilities.
A Contract In or Contract Out is primarily defined by several key properties. In combination, these form a block of rights which makes the selected rights available in the system (Contracts In) or blocks them (Contracts Out). A Contract In or Contract Out can comprise one or multiple rights blocks, with each rights block comprising the following elements:
- Contents: catalog entries to which the contract applies.
- Media Types: the specific type of rights, e.g. free TV, VOD, etc.
- Geographies: the countries/regions to which these rights apply.
- Languages: the languages to which these rights apply.
- Start date: start of the licensing period.
- End date: end of the licensing period.
- Exclusive: whether the specified rights are given exclusively or non-exclusively.