The iPad Catalog application: introductionUsage of the iPad Catalog application is subject to a monthly fee per user. If your company is new to the application and would like to use it, please contact us for pricing and further information.
The MediaStore iPad Catalog application is an offline screening tool designed primarily for sales pitches, client meetings and markets, where instant screening is essential but a reliable internet connection may not be available. By synchronizing selected video screeners from the platform to your iPad, you will have all your content available for offline screening anywhere, all via a slick interface that your clients will also be able to work with effortlessly themselves. Optionally, you can connect to a second screen such as a high-definition TV in order to display video and images there. Here is an overview of the application’s features:
- Offline catalog and screening functionality
- Navigation via Categories, full-text search or Selections
- Setting in-app content bookmarks
- Creating Recommendation messages (will be sent once the iPad is connected to the internet)
- Second-screen video and image sharing via HDMI adapter or Apple TV (plus display of a custom splash screen image on the second screen)
- The Catalog application requires an iPad (any variation including iPad Pro) running iOS 8 or above.
- Your User account must be validated for iPad usage. To check if it is, login to MediaStore’s seller backend and check your seller User data by clicking your name in the top-right corner; iPad sync enabled will display below your name. Please get in touch with your responsible colleague (or mediapeers directly) if your account is not enabled.
Installing the application
- On your iPad, access the Catalog application by searching for “mediapeers” in the App Store and selecting Our Catalog.
If you don’t get any search results in the App Store, please open this direct link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/our-catalog/id974044193
Alternatively, use a search engine such as Google in your web browser and search for “mediapeers iTunes” or similar.
- Follow the provided steps to install the application on your iPad.
Selecting content to synchronize to the applicationBefore you carry out any of the steps described here, your User account must be validated for iPad sync (see above).
Content can be synchronized to the Catalog application through Selections. In short, you can simply compile the catalog entries you’d like to transfer to your iPad in one or several Selections. This step must take place before you run your first synchronization in the application itself and takes place on the regular MediaStore platform:
- Compile the assets you’d like to synchronize: since assets are synced to the iPad application using Selections, all you need to do is add the required assets to one or more Selection(s). This can be achieved in exactly the same way as with regular Selections, i.e. you can add catalog entries to a Selection from the Catalog > Content tab as well as from the Edit dialog in the Catalog > Selections tab.
- Go to your Selections: once you are validated as an iPad application user, your Selections tab under Content will look the same as before with a small exception: hover your mouse pointer over an entry and you will find the Enable sync link. It enables synchronization of metadata and videos from the chosen Selection with the iPad application.
- Enable Selections for synchronization: clicking on Enable sync will make a dialog window appear. You will be presented with an overview of all available videos in that Selection. By default, all videos other than Screener videos are pre-selected, since they are usually shorter and less storage-intensive than screeners; however, you may select and unselect any video as required. Simply tick or untick the respective checkbox to determine which videos should be synchronized to the Catalog application, and finally click Save.
Take care not to select more data than your iPad will have available storage space for. Afterwards, you must still run the synchronization process in the iPad app as described directly below.
Starting the synchronization process in the iPad applciation
After content has been enabled for synchronization using the steps outlined directly above, you must login to the iPad application and start the synchronization process. This process will only work if content has been enabled for synchronization first. Once this is the case, please use your iPad to follow these steps:
- Open the Catalog application on the iPad.
If you are using the application for the first time, or have not currently synced any items, you will be presented with a largely empty screen with the notification “No programs found.”
- Tap the Settings button.
- Under Server, enter “https://api.mediapeers.com” (long-tap to edit) and confirm.
- Enter your seller user credentials (the same that you’re using to access MediaStore) in the Account field and tap Login.
- Tap Start Sync. Depending on your connection speed and the amount of data selected for synchronization, the process may take a while to finish.
- Wait for the sync process to finish. The duration of the process depends on the amount of data to be synced, as well as the speed of your iPad internet connection.
- Tap Done and exit the Settings dialog to move back to the main screen.
- The iPad application will now be populated with the synchronized content.
By default, you will be able to browse it via Category. Tap Categories in the top left corner to swap between either Categories or Selections. Furthermore, you can start a text search via the top-right search bar.
Viewing currently synchronized content
You can find an overview of all currently synchronized Selections and associated videos under Catalog > iPad Sync, alongside the respective editing options. This also displays the total volume of all assets currently enabled for sync.
Alternatively, you can also find currently synced Selections in Content > Selections (any Selections displaying Edit sync upon mouseover are currently enabled).The iPad Sync tab is only available to users who are registered to use the iPad application.
Adding and modifying synchronized content
After a sync operation has been completed, you can still modify your Selections on the platform as usual. If you’d like these changes to be reflected in the iPad application, you can simply modify the synchronization settings:
- Modify the catalog entries themselves and/or any Selections that are currently synced to the Catalog application.
If you add content to a Selection that’s already enabled for sync, all videos except of the Screener type will be marked for sync automatically.
- If required, click Enable sync on a Selection that’s not synced, or Disable sync on one that’s currently enabled.
- To modify the sync on a video-specific level, open the Edit sync menu on a Selection which is enabled for sync, which will once again bring up the video selection dialog. Tick or untick any videos as required.
- Start sync again within the Catalog application on the iPad.
Uploading or modifying the logo and second-screen splash screen image
Modifying the company logo (displayed in the upper right corner of the application) and splash screen image (to be displayed on the second screen) can easily be achieved through the platform:
- Go to your company settings (top right corner).
- Open the Presentation tab.
- Under Logo and/or Splash Screen Image, add or replace the image.
- To remove a catalog entry: Simply remove it from any Selection(s) enabled for synchronization.
- To remove an entire Selection: next to a Selection you’d like to remove, click the Disable sync link. When you Start sync on your iPad the next time, the disabled Selection will not be shown anymore. If you want to enable the Selection again, simply use Enable sync again.