The Analytics module generates detailed statistics about your platform’s traffic and traffic sources. The various Analytics tabs will give you information on the most active companies and users, as well as most viewed and recommended programs. Each sub-tab comes with search functionality and can display additional detail view pages for each item. Furthermore, the Export to Excel functions lets you retrieve detailed viewing data in a spreadsheet format.
Viewing Analytics data on the platform
- The Recommendations tab shows you what content was sent via Recommendation in the past and who recommended it. You can also see the exact date of the recommendation and when the content was last viewed.
Please note that this tab only provides information for catalog entry recommendations (via single content or Selection recommendations), but not for Cart recommendations.
- The Programs tab gives you information about catalog entries, i.e. the number of views per entry, video view durations, the most active viewer of that content, as well as the date of the last view.
From the list view, click on an entry’s title to view further program details and a visualization of the data.
- The Companies and Users tabs are somewhat similar and show content views and screening durations. The former provides information on company activity (and user activity within each company); the latter shows user activity.
From the list view, click on a company or user name to view further details and a visualization of the data.
Using Export to Excel to retrieve more detailed statistics
Excel exports are available which include detailed “raw” Analytics data, down to each individual view, and featuring additional metadata. The following exports are available via the Export to Excel button:
- Recommendations tab: Recommendation views; note that this export also features Cart Recommendations.
- Programs tab:
- Content: views of catalog entries
- Selection: views of Selections
- Video: views of individual video assets including video view durations
- Ancillary: Ancillary asset downloads
Another example would be to use the Recommendations export (listing Recommendation views) in conjunction with the export from the Content > Recommendations tab (listing all sent Recommendations, even those with no views) to determine overall response to all sent Recommendation messages.